Carbon fiber (CF) is a new type of fibrous material with a carbon content of more than 95% high strength and high modulus fiber. It is composed of flake graphite microcrystalline and other organic fibers in the direction of the fiber axial direction, and obtained by carbonization and graphitization. The quality of carbon fiber is lighter than that of metal aluminum, but the strength is higher than steel, and it has the characteristics of corrosion resistance and high modulus, which is an important material in the defense military industry and civil aspect. It is not only the intrinsic characteristic of carbon materials, but also the soft and processability of textile fiber, which is a new generation of reinforcing fiber.
Carbon fiber has many excellent properties, carbon fiber axial strength and high modulus, low density, high performance than, no creep, not resistant to ultra high temperature oxidation environment, good fatigue resistance, heat and electrical conductivity between non-metal and metal, small thermal expansion coefficient and anisotropy, good corrosion resistance, permeability good X-ray. Good thermal conductivity, electromagnetic shielding, etc.
The young’s modulus is more than three times that of traditional fiberglass. Compared with kevlar, the yarn modulus is about twice as large as that in the organic solvent, acid and alkali, and the corrosion resistance is prominent.
Now Unitex provide all kind of carbon fiber fabric used for below application:
1) Aerospace: fuselage, rudder, rocket launcher, missile diffuser, solar panel, etc.
2) Sports equipment: auto parts, motorcycle parts, fishing rods, baseball bats, sledding, speedboats, badminton rackets, surfboard, etc.
3) Industry: engine parts, wind blades, transmission shafts, electrical components, etc.
4) Fire protection: it is suitable for the production of special class fire protection, such as troops and steel plants.
5) Building: reinforcement of building steel reinforcement, seismic reinforcement of reinforced layer, maintenance and reinforcement of elevated frame and bridge.